Caring for Bamboo & Wool
Bambino Merino Wool
- Always use a detergent specifically formulated for use on woollen garments - such as Ecover Delicate for Silk & Wool, Persil Silk & Wool or Woolite. Don’t presume your usual non-bio detergent will be fine, if you check the label most say they are not suitable for wool
- Wash at a maximum temperature of 30˚c – heat and wool don't mix and washing at high temperatures causes ‘felting’ and shrinkage
- Spin gently
- Do not soak
- Fabric conditioners or softeners are not recommended (or needed)
- Gently reshape the garment as you remove it from the washing machine
- Do not use bleach
- Merino doesn’t hold a lot of water so dries quickly on a drying rack or over a banister.
- Do not tumble dry
- Dry away from direct sunlight
- Cool iron if required (we have never found the need nor desire to do this)
Merino is naturally stain and odour resistant and requires less frequent washing than other fabrics – hooray!
We recommend unzipping your baby sleeping bag and airing it over the cot rail in between sleeps to cut down on washing.